Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only LUNA Late Night Symphony
(18-04-2020, 05:17 PM)RoyM Wrote: Which Neve? An 8078 or a VR60? I kid, of course but like to press.

I like the weight. The vocal effects are a bit distracting and they feel disconnected from the band a bit. The bass gets lost. I feel it but don't hear it, if that makes sense. Things are a bit muddy and gelled together but that's not a bad thing. Musically it's just one congealed mass. It works and maybe it's for the best. It's not a complaint. But musically it just feels like one entity. The vocal effects do bother me tho.

Overall it's pleasing to listen to. I'll give credit to you and not LUNA. I don't even know what LUNA is but never blame gear for what you present for better or worse.

Good job.

Hey mate,

I've only been able to sit behind a custom 75 but as far as I'm concerned it gave me the same sort of vibe as when I turned on the Neve summing. Of course, I was also using UAD Neve RS88 channel strips to complete the effect haha. But nothing really compares to sitting behind a real desk and have your session pass through quality circuitry.

Thanks for the compliments there as well, I really appreciate it. I agree with everything you mentioned and would probably start fresh if I was to revisit the mix again. I don't mind the heaviness and gelled feel of the mix, but the vocals were hard to really get interesting/different and sounding like they were supposed to be there. I guess I just got tired of hearing the song and hit mixdown before I gave up on it completely.

Thanks again mate. It's a tough song.
~
Other Mixes

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital Only LUNA Late Night Symphony - by Quathamer - 18-04-2020, 05:29 PM