Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living Lie (full)
hey, cool song.

.m4a    Nerve9_LivingLie_Full-mix1_m.m4a --  (Download: 11.45 MB)

good balance.. I'd clean up the kick more though it's very muddy.
I also like your vocals eq on the main voice.
good job overall.
Yeah I agree, I did a lazy job on the kick. Might be easier to just replace it.
Hi pmilani

Thanks for mixing our track - I am recognizing your name, so I am pretty sure I have listened to a mix of pray for the rain you did as well Smile

Really solid mix - overall it worked for me - great overall balance and vision. I come at these like "if you were mixing it for me", so some of these comments will be subjective.

- agree with Shul on the kick. Had this in my own mix, and I think time alignment of the kick track took care of a lot of it TBH.
- highlights for me were the BV blend and drum sound in general - liked the snare particularily
- lead vocal treatment sounded good to me
- bass guitar balance was good - there is a little honk in there that I would mention to you to take out
- a couple of times the cymbal wash is a bit dominating. The OH tracks are a little more cymbal mics in nature, so a little high frequency cut or fader riding or other treatment is needed
- only other broad observation would be the post-static mix stuff - would be nice to have the occasional ear candy delay on the vocal or lead guitar etc. A point of taste too I realize.

Thanks again for mixing the track and sharing - enjoyed my listen !

BR

Thomas