Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9: 'Living Lie' (mix-master)
All of the guitars reamped .A bit flanger to colour and powerful guitars.
Tape saturation for analog feel. And etc...I hope you like it.Cheers !
the only problem I find with your mix is that everything is too "mono" like. You should pan wider to clear some space in the center for the main vocals.
Not mono man.It is enough .Everytime wider stereo sound is not better.Smile
Hi Mammy - thanks for mixing our track !

I enjoyed my listen to your mix. You have a different mix vision than I had on the reference mix, but it works in it's own way. Seems well balanced overall. I can offer some subjective comments if you were mixing it for me.
- I was missing some of the warmth that was eq'ed out of verse guitar. That being said, if it was to help differentiate the chorus from the verse, that would be pretty cool - I'd just say it might be worth going more extreme with the lo-fi to hi-fi transition.
- snare sounds good - I felt I was missing a little weight - 100-200Hz I think. And a little more room reverb or something.
- snare on backbeat sounds great in the chorus - cool
- lead guitar. Felt a little quiet in the middle section, or the rhythm section a bit louder.

Hope that's helpful - I appreciated an alternate viewpoint on the tracks. When I prepped them for mix and heard them raw again, I could see a bit of an indie/dry version in there somewhere like you did !

BR

Thomas