Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Living Lie
Mixing is my missionCool

.mp3    Nerve 9\'s ++ Living Lie.mp3 --  (Download: 11.47 MB)

Mr. Loud
Hi ! Thanks for mixing our track. Here are a few stream of consciousness observations:

Vocoder on the chorus vocals - creative choice ! I think I will need another listen to have an opinion, but hats off for the bold choice !

I really like the slide guitar treatment (I know it doesn't sound like a slide guitar) in the middle section - perhaps you are just panning it a bit? Whatever it is, really liked it.

Solo guitar sections - was feeling the balance heavy on cymbals and the chorus guitars. I know in my own mix I rode the fader on those elements. Perhaps an opportunity to bring the solo stuff a little more to the forefront and apply some of the cool width/depth stuff you did with the verse and bridge? Food for thought Smile

Background vocals - reverb choice was cool. Level of them seemed high next to the lead though.

The tambourine coming in had a lot of impact I felt - nice - some combination of balance and eq there that really works.

Thanks again for mixing our song and sharing - hope this helps a little !

Thomas
I find your drums too loud in comparison with the rest of the mix. When the distort guitars kick in they sound "less loud" but is still too loud in my opinion.
(04-04-2020, 04:51 AM)Shul Wrote: I find your drums too loud in comparison with the rest of the mix. When the distort guitars kick in they sound "less loud" but is still too loud in my opinion.

It’s a matter of taste but thank u for giving your opinion on my mix
Mr. Loud