Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Dorothea Wessel - Muddy Water
Hi,

My attempt.

Cheers!

- Added mix 1.0 - hopefully fixed chorus vocal level. Thanks!

.mp3    Dorothea Wessel - Muddy Water.mp3 --  (Download: 8.78 MB)

.mp3    Dorothea Wessel - Muddy Water 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 8.78 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Nice attempt! Smile
Hey mate,

Such a great mix. I love how clean it is and I love the delays. I think having a present vocal is very important in the verses which you nailed.

The only thing I didn't like about the recording (or I should say the edit) is the volume of the main vocal goes down in the chorus, which in turn makes the mix naturally anti-climatic. I can hear a little of this in your mix which I was hoping not to hear, cause it means your verse vocal sounds louder than the chorus. Otherwise, I'm a big fan of this mix.
~
Other Mixes
Hi!

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I've tweaked the chorus vocals. Hopefuly they are in the right place now and I haven't over/under cooked them. Thought I'd got them, but you're right they needed to go up a db or so.

I started off trying to recreate Mr Senior's mix, but kind of lost my way.... His reworking of this track is insanely good though. I think the songwriting is really good too for this style.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!