Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Tyio - Long way home DebadaMix
Hi!

My mix. Nice song!

Thanks for listening to it.

.mp3    David tyio - Long way home.mp3 --  (Download: 11.6 MB)

Very nice mix! The only thing I would say is to watch the transients which can be a little ear fatiguing after a while. Have you thought of putting a DeEsser on the master bus? Doesn't need to do much work for it to make a huge difference, maybe a couple db of gain reduction. Just a thought.
~
Other Mixes
Very nicely done. Good balance and tone throughout and a very nice compliment to the emotional context of the song. Excellent.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(16-10-2019, 03:01 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Very nicely done. Good balance and tone throughout and a very nice compliment to the emotional context of the song. Excellent.

Thanks!!
(16-10-2019, 09:39 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Very nice mix! The only thing I would say is to watch the transients which can be a little ear fatiguing after a while. Have you thought of putting a DeEsser on the master bus? Doesn't need to do much work for it to make a huge difference, maybe a couple db of gain reduction. Just a thought.

Hi!! the first, thank you for your time.
I have a multiband compressor on the master bus.
Add a new track, with lowest threshold and faster attack for the 8k-20k band.

UndecidedUndecidedBig GrinBig Grin

.mp3    David tyio - Long way home v2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.6 MB)

I listened to V2. It feels good. I'm not a fan of the snare sound, personally. It has a bump in the mids that keeps catching my ear on every hit. The vocal feels a little 'nasal' and could use a little but of a cut in the midrange. Actually, as I listen I wonder if an overall slight cut to the midrange would address my issues with the snare and vocals. I notice it on the tom hits as well.
(20-10-2019, 01:42 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I listened to V2. It feels good. I'm not a fan of the snare sound, personally. It has a bump in the mids that keeps catching my ear on every hit. The vocal feels a little 'nasal' and could use a little but of a cut in the midrange. Actually, as I listen I wonder if an overall slight cut to the midrange would address my issues with the snare and vocals. I notice it on the tom hits as well.

Hi 'RoyMatthews'
I upload two version.

V3 - -1.5dB Eq 800 - 1kHz snare up. and the same to the voice.
V4 - -1.5 dB Multiband master 370-1.2kHz. and -1dB 139 - 370kHz.

Thanks!!!!!!!!Angel

.mp3    David tyio - Long way home v3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.6 MB)

.mp3    David tyio - Long way home v4.mp3 --  (Download: 11.6 MB)