Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Kat Wright CONTACT #4(fun and complicated mix)
(29-07-2019, 03:20 PM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote: Hi mate! I like your mix. I think the 4th version is the greatest of all. Too dry for my taste haha Tongue . I would like the whole mix to be more present in the upper mids especially the horns and the keys. They seem to be a little lifeless a few db up it would help too. Great job anyway!! It is so obvious that we have totally different point of view about the reverb!!

I've always considered reverb in a song to be salt in a food.. it needs just enough to taste right. Over do it and you basically destroy the food. Same goes for mixing so I try to limit the amount of reverb. I can't count the times where I have done so much reverb to a mix that basically destroyed the mix completely.
But it's cool though if you like reverb that much. A mastering engineer can always add an extra layer of reverb on top of the mix.. however you can't remove reverb off a mix though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kat Wright CONTACT #4(fun and complicated mix) - by Shul - 29-07-2019, 05:52 PM