Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ryan Cali Back Down Eyrc Mix
Thoughts?

.mp3    Back Down.mp3 --  (Download: 9.33 MB)

Hey Eric,

First impression was I really liked the verb you used in th track. Lovely. I was a little annoyed by the open hats sound, theres like a 9 or 10k resonant that's destracting me from the rest of the good mix. I really like the vocal balancing and the ambience of the synth. Great mix!
~
Other Mixes
(03-06-2019, 10:12 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Hey Eric,

First impression was I really liked the verb you used in th track. Lovely. I was a little annoyed by the open hats sound, theres like a 9 or 10k resonant that's destracting me from the rest of the good mix. I really like the vocal balancing and the ambience of the synth. Great mix!

Thanks for your feedback really appreciated, glad you enjoyed it. Concerning that resonance in the hi hats is that something you would fix with a deesser or something? Just for future reference.
Hi Eyrc i agree with Quathamer about the open hats and i think that 9 or 10k resonant could be coming from the verb,maybe eq the verb in that area?
Reaper user
(03-06-2019, 06:19 PM)Eyrc Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 10:12 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Hey Eric,

Thanks for your feedback really appreciated, glad you enjoyed it. Concerning that resonance in the hi hats is that something you would fix with a deesser or something? Just for future reference.

I would just eq it out because there aren't any other quieter sounds in that instrument you want to keep. A simple example of using a de-esser to control harsh high notes while preserving the frequency would be a vocal, obviously. A vocal relies on the clarity or "air", but that's also where the "ess" lives, so de-essing is used to control the "esses" while preserving the "air", if that makes sense. Because there isn't any real air you want to preserve in the open hihat, I would just eq it out. Another thing you could do is low pass it and distort it (that's what I did) which makes for a smoother experience, but it's more difficult to get right.
~
Other Mixes