Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Al James: 'Schoolboy Fascination' - Olli H
(23-10-2013, 08:40 AM)Voelund Wrote: Just listened to another mix of this, and I enjoyd your more oldschool attempt on this one.
It doesnt impress on loudness or low volume perception like Michael Jackson mixes, but it sounds really well balanced and breathes too.
Sounds very similar to what I would have aimed for !

Thanks for listening. The "breathing" is an aspect that I day by day start to appreciete more and more.
Micheal Jackson style would be fun to try on some track. He had one of the best mixers/engineers ever in his hit records (Bruce Swedien).

(23-10-2013, 08:40 AM)Voelund Wrote: And by the way I apologize for my remark about bay city rollers, i had a really bad day and just got into a real hysterical laugh you used them for reference, as I didnt think they sounded especially good.
I love many bands not especially trendy and who cares, what we like we like ! And havin the courage to admit it, and on the internet, is very brave !

Actually, I didn't find anything negative in your BCR comments. I was having also fun time finding myself listening BCR, and trying to find out what made them so big. But it's very difficult to express oneself with foreign language, escpecially when it comes to small moods and nyances or tones of speech. So maybe you misunderstood my answer.

Swedien is so gifted ! Michael Jackson records are a wonderful blend of songwritingekvilibrism, extreme singer, very good musicianship and innovative ideas from both producer and mixengineer.
It would be so much fun mixin those tracks, even though I probably would make a complete fool of myself Big Grin

For the comment about BCR I just dont want to hurt people and Im real glad i didnt Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Been workin on these drums today. Wonder if I am the only one gettin the idea o thinnin that programmin to make it sound more human, the choruses have both hihats and 2 ride cymbals goin for one Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order