Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Signs - voelund Now with a listenin test you should participate in :-)
You're welcomed for the listen, and much of what you say you like, I too really prefer. In today's mixing world, it is much more unacceptable to just create a warm, thick on the low end, mix than it used to be. Louder = better, and low end doesn't make things louder like mids do! Another U2 song you should check out is called "Some Days are Better than Others." If you're a fan of the bass, you'll love that song and the mix Flood did on it!

I read an article yesterday that offered a couple mixing tips, and one of them was very simple: Mix to make something fit your style. Basically, the author was saying that mixing is like playing an instrument, and that it is an art form (I agree on both counts), so the engineer should mix to achieve a final result that matches up with what he wants to create--what he likes in terms of sound/style. Good way of thinking, and fits into your way of thinking.
Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Yah. Its another way to say: wont you rather sound like you than somebody else ?
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order