Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better -Post MS Review and Competition Final
(12-01-2019, 05:15 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 05:01 PM)Rob Sidhe Wrote: Very nice vocals! At the end of the contest I need to know your vocal track chain Wink

No secrets here. Vocal chain is very simple.

Cytomic "The Glue" compressor at a 4:1 ratio, .3 msec attack and .1 sec release, full wet followed by a Waves API 550B EQ.

Vocal buss has a Voxengo stereo phase coherent graphic EQ for tone shaping (not M/S) followed by a stock PreSonus compressor set for de-essing.

The vocal bus then sends to the stock PreSonus Room Reverb with a 50-50 mix of reverb and room reflections. There is a 15.4 ms pre-delay with a reverb time of 1.61 secs in a medium hall. This is followed by a stock PreSonus Pro EQ for tone shaping of the reverb.

That's the jist of it. Some details have been left out to protect the innocent! Tongue

Note: Cytomic's "The Glue" compressor plugin is probably the best plugin purchase I have ever made and the pointer came from Mike Senior of Cambridge.

Thank you man! For me the vocal track is the hardest to make sound good in this song, there's a lot of energy in the lows (maybe proximity effect) and a lot of sibilance too, but I really like the performance and the timbre of his voice, so I'm not at all happy with my result!

"The Glue" is the first plugin I buyed... after using only stock Reaper plugins in the beginning and from the moment I discovered the wonderfull world of beautiful and expensive plugins! Rolleyes

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better - by LukasL - 26-12-2018, 09:11 PM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better - by thedon - 30-12-2018, 10:29 AM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better - by Monk - 04-01-2019, 01:55 PM
RE: Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better -Updated - by Rob Sidhe - 12-01-2019, 05:47 PM