Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre mix , give me opinions.
Hi this is my pre mix , i still have to work more with the vocals. but is a start. i think the synth is too loud to. thanks for the opinions.

.mp3    mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.59 MB)

Hello there

My first suggestion would he to clean the low end on the mix. That sub fx is too loud. It sounds like you didn't highpass anything.

Balances are solid.. I just thin it's very low end muddy.
Also bring up those rhythm guitars. The bass is overpowering them really bad and you can't hear them in the mix. I would listen to the reference mix so you get a better grasp of what I'm telling you.

Hope this helps.
(13-12-2018, 10:05 PM)Shul Wrote: Hello there

My first suggestion would he to clean the low end on the mix. That sub fx is too loud. It sounds like you didn't highpass anything.

Balances are solid.. I just thin it's very low end muddy.
Also bring up those rhythm guitars. The bass is overpowering them really bad and you can't hear them in the mix. I would listen to the reference mix so you get a better grasp of what I'm telling you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the opinion, i always have the same problem with the low end, since i sell my monitors Sad y do mostly live shows and use my headphones to mix some tracks here, i clear a little the lows but .... i think is nearly the same. thanks again.

.mp3    mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.64 MB)

Hi pablo,

I believe the problem you're having is a case of excessive "smiley face EQ". If you listen to the intro, everything seems to pull back when the drums and rhythm guitars come in. The kick is very fat for this kind of song, it doesn't really need all that punch in the low lows. The highs come out nicely, not harsh, but a bit thin. It feels like they lack the support and body of some meat in the mid range, which is especially noticeable in this guitar driven kind of music.

It's clear that you know what you're doing in the specifics, the highs are pleasing and not harsh, the lows are punchy and balanced, I wouldn't say this is a bad mix at all, but not the best suited for this particular song.

Hope this helps,

Cheers
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

(14-12-2018, 06:52 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: Hi pablo,

I believe the problem you're having is a case of excessive "smiley face EQ". If you listen to the intro, everything seems to pull back when the drums and rhythm guitars come in. The kick is very fat for this kind of song, it doesn't really need all that punch in the low lows. The highs come out nicely, not harsh, but a bit thin. It feels like they lack the support and body of some meat in the mid range, which is especially noticeable in this guitar driven kind of music.

It's clear that you know what you're doing in the specifics, the highs are pleasing and not harsh, the lows are punchy and balanced, I wouldn't say this is a bad mix at all, but not the best suited for this particular song.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

First of all thanks for the listening . i've put some dirt over the drums, put back the kick and lift up the gtrs. i hope was better.

.mp3    mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 4.61 MB)

Definitely an improvement!
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.