Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hannes Keseberg - you Know better (spandex mix)
Hey guys after a crazy couple of weeks im back with a mix

Please let me know the good the bad and the ugly...

CheersBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

updated mix up

another revised mix up

after more advise it seems like the bass was the prob, hopefully i've sorted out, if anyone has some tips on the bass it would also help

SO, Listened to the Patrons podcast and had to go back to into it, any help is always always aprreciated

using mixed in the clouds comments i've made a new mix (7) as always thanks and let me know

mix 8 is up as always lemme know, cheers

.mp3    HannesKeseberg_YouKnowBetter.mp3 --  (Download: 8.46 MB)

.mp3    HannesKeseberg_YouKnowBetter 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.46 MB)

.mp3    HannesKeseberg_YouKnowBetter 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.46 MB)

.mp3    HannesKeseberg_YouKnowBetter 4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.46 MB)

.mp3    HannesKeseberg_YouKnowBetter 6-001.mp3 --  (Download: 8.52 MB)

.mp3    HannesKeseberg_YouKnowBetter 7.mp3 --  (Download: 8.38 MB)

.mp3    HannesKeseberg_YouKnowBetter 8.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

Hey Spandexcore

Nice Job!. I like the different approach on the bass, vocals sound good! maybe the intro guitar could come up a tad, but it sits nice in the chorus behind the vocal.
Cool Mix!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Cool Mix I like it a lot ,the vocals sound great listening at low volume maybe bring them down a couple of db !
Nice Work !
Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(08-12-2018, 05:37 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Spandexcore

Nice Job!. I like the different approach on the bass, vocals sound good! maybe the intro guitar could come up a tad, but it sits nice in the chorus behind the vocal.
Cool Mix!
Cheers
KSmile

(10-12-2018, 12:09 PM)thedon Wrote: Cool Mix I like it a lot ,the vocals sound great listening at low volume maybe bring them down a couple of db !
Nice Work !
Cheers

Hey Guys

as always thanks for the advice check out the updated mix.... Cheers

.mp3    HannesKeseberg_YouKnowBetter 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.46 MB)

here are my observations

*Drums are louder than voice at points. also very bright eq on them. I wish they'd have more body.
*Bass feels lonely. I don't know how to explain it. maybe because lacks that low end to glue everything together.
Also sounds like a big tuba you know those big trumpets that play with marching bands.
*Whistles are louder than voice.
*guitar tones are good in my opinion.

I'd say the most important thing for me is making sure the instruments connect together.. it sounds like you focused on each one separately and fixed it to your liking and then put them together in the end. Whatever you do it must be to make everything flow like one song together. To me feels like different pieces of different puzzles put together to make an image.
Hope this helps. Not trying to be mean Smile I say everything respectfully.

(13-12-2018, 10:32 AM)Shul Wrote: here are my observations

*Drums are louder than voice at points. also very bright eq on them. I wish they'd have more body.
*Bass feels lonely. I don't know how to explain it. maybe because lacks that low end to glue everything together.
Also sounds like a big tuba you know those big trumpets that play with marching bands.
*Whistles are louder than voice.
*guitar tones are good in my opinion.

I'd say the most important thing for me is making sure the instruments connect together.. it sounds like you focused on each one separately and fixed it to your liking and then put them together in the end. Whatever you do it must be to make everything flow like one song together. To me feels like different pieces of different puzzles put together to make an image.
Hope this helps. Not trying to be mean Smile I say everything respectfully.

Thanks Shul, appreciated man

i had a look back into it and made some changes hopefully this makes everything gel a bit better

.mp3    HannesKeseberg_YouKnowBetter 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.46 MB)

Definitely better than the previous. I like the bright tone of your lead guitars.
I like it. If I have to point at something else is just the voice. I would like more volume but hey this is just personal taste.

Keep it up!
Hi
I think for this genre the bass on you mix is too distorted thats probably why its not gluing properly, with reggae you need nice low end on the bass,if you ca achieve this it would be a lovely mix hope that helps.
Reaper user
(14-12-2018, 05:31 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi
I think for this genre the bass on you mix is too distorted thats probably why its not gluing properly, with reggae you need nice low end on the bass,if you ca achieve this it would be a lovely mix hope that helps.

thanks for the advice, ive redone the bass, which seemed to be my problem child, hopefully this helped
Hi there mix 4 bass is alot better,all I would say now is to ease off the reverb on the guitars and lower the kick just a little but that's just a preference thing,its alot better man,well done.
Reaper user