Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hi everybody
Hey guys!

How are y'all doing?

Here's my first mix of the song...
Hope y'all like it, and i'd love to hear everybody's opinion on this one!

My questions are: are the drums too wet? and: Should the rythm guitar be more agressive/jump out more?

Cheers,
Hessel

.mp3    Adam Buckley - Drag Me Down - Hessel Visser Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.77 MB)

.mp3    Adam Buckley - Drag Me Down - Hessel Visser Mix 01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.77 MB)

Hey Hessel

Drums sound great, not too wet. I like the gritty bass. The rhythm guitars in the chorus might be a bit too aggressive and L side heavy. I like the tone, maybe just bring them back a tad, balance and let the vocals come out.

Good Job!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thanks Kirk! I will look into it!
(25-11-2018, 04:36 PM)Hessel Visser Wrote: Thanks Kirk! I will look into it!

Check the updated mix 01.. Is it better?
Listened to the 01 Version, great job. You got the sweet spot between punchy and overwhelming.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

(25-11-2018, 05:45 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: Listened to the 01 Version, great job. You got the sweet spot between punchy and overwhelming.

Great to hear OctopusOnFire! Thanks
01 works nicely
Good Job!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Updated mix is on the money.. I think it's one of the best Here. Good job!