Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - 'South Of The Water'
It is better to mix into a bus comp from the start of the mix if one is to use one.
Not much to understand about a muliband compressor,pretty simple to use
it's not that simple, Takka... simple in terms that you twist some knobs and that's it... the problem comes when you don't know exactly what you're trying to aim.

That was my mistake and I admit it. In most places they talk about using a multiband compressor when mastering and I can tell you that I will be using it in the future because there are other things that I have to learn first:

At this point of my short time mixing, I know how to use a compressor and EQ on individual instruments and I have to think in another way when mastering. I have to think of the song as a whole and recognize which parts need to be enhanced and which ones not. But I'm determined to learn and one day I will succeed :-)
mixing since April 2013
Multiband compression is crazy. I think its most usable application is for Radio stations. Do most Mastering engineers really use multiband??

I think the best would be to just upload "unmastered" mixxes to this forum, as its easier for me atleast comment on a mix that has nothing on the master. but thats just my taste.
Back to topic :-) Regardin the bg vocals, I am givin this one a go at moment and cuttin them very close with equal start and stop points make a significant better rhythmic feel in chorus. But was that printed autotune in the raw tracks really necessary ... I realize why so many people recommend not printin effects er be very gentle with printed effects ...
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I've already syncronized the background voices with the lead vocals. Now it does sound more "professional" than before Blush

.mp3    Actions - South Of The Water.mp3 --  (Download: 6.68 MB)

mixing since April 2013
(02-09-2013, 06:36 PM)PrincessCakeJ Wrote: Multiband compression is crazy. I think its most usable application is for Radio stations. Do most Mastering engineers really use multiband??

I think the best would be to just upload "unmastered" mixxes to this forum, as its easier for me atleast comment on a mix that has nothing on the master. but thats just my taste.

Mastering engineers use multiband most of the time
It depends on the master engineer. Im sure some does.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Hi JuanJose.
Sounds good ! But somethin happens with the timin realations, specially in the first chorus.
And some of the leadvocal is early. Maybe you moved some of it by accident ?

The BG vocals in 1st chorus, phrase 2 and 3 are early ( you make this feel like home - ahahahahah)
and the last - you make this feel like home. Same 2nd chorus, but not as much.
the lead in the middle part is very early.

I guess Im partly to blame cause I told you bout the background vocals and cuttin them ...
Take a listen and see if you can move them to where they fit the music, youre almost there m8 :-)