Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Big dummy shake - Voelund
You killed this mix! Great job mannn!!...forget about the do this and make this like this...i refuse to listen to your revision cause i like the first one as is too much...i don't wanna ruin what i liked to begin with...this for me had the most important element...feeling...i felt something listening to this and that's so much better then all the technical stuff. Once again well done sir. Peace!
(03-02-2014, 04:51 AM)LupoPazzo Wrote: You killed this mix! Great job mannn!!...forget about the do this and make this like this...i refuse to listen to your revision cause i like the first one as is too much...i don't wanna ruin what i liked to begin with...this for me had the most important element...feeling...i felt something listening to this and that's so much better then all the technical stuff. Once again well done sir. Peace!

Well...Oh MY!!

Thank you so much for your support.

Needless to say you've made my week!! Smile

TC
(03-02-2014, 04:51 AM)LupoPazzo Wrote: You killed this mix! Great job mannn!!...forget about the do this and make this like this...i refuse to listen to your revision cause i like the first one as is too much...i don't wanna ruin what i liked to begin with...this for me had the most important element...feeling...i felt something listening to this and that's so much better then all the technical stuff. Once again well done sir. Peace!

Thx man - you made my day too Big Grin
I agree with you if a mix makes you feel emotional talk about technical stuff becomes less to 2nd importance.
Thx for sharing your thoughts on this !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Great work blending the vocals with the room effects. Arrangement decisions are really cool, too... don't you just love technology? Big GrinBig Grin

One of the loops you added... is that a tabla I'm hearing in my left ear? Bold, but very very cool. Kid brother tried to show me how to play tabla once and after 10 minutes I started clutching my guitar tightly, cooing to it, calling it stripper names, and refusing to look at the drum. Too hard for me Tongue

So my main suggestion would be to listen closely to where the tracks are dropping out, because it's noticeable too abrupt in a few places. It's not your edits that are sloppy.. the tracks came that way, but moving things around as you have I think is giving them more opportunities to sneak out, especially when they're spread out across the stereo field. To me the effect is that the side channels sound really well balanced with the mid channel until one or the other drops out, and then there's this gap for a millisecond or so that messes with the blend. This is giving me trouble with this mix as well. It's mostly going on in the guitars I think... sounds like the band hastily comped the parts together. You can hear it on guitar 1 especially if you listen for it.

I wonder if we try a very short, quiet reverb send from the offending tracks and fiddle with the stereo width or m/s compression or something... maybe that could fill in those little holes I'm hearing. Or maybe I forgot to take my medicine this morning Big Grin.

All that aside, I think it sounds great and your arrangement work always keeps these mixes fresh for me, even though I listen to it 6000 times trying to mix it myself.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!