Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuild The Evil - Burial Of Silence (Narciso's Mix)
Hi everyone!

Well, I gotta say, that was not an easy mix, but I think I did well.

Any comments are welcome and appreciated.

UPDATE

So I did it again...from scratch... I don't know what went through my mind but, I edited the drums...all of it. I turned it into midi and used EZDrum to come up with a better drum, for my taste. I used the DI's from the guitars... I don't know what to think about that mix. Help me.

.mp3    Rebuild The Evil - Burial of Silence.mp3 --  (Download: 2.4 MB)

.mp3    Burial of Silence.mp3 --  (Download: 2.38 MB)

"Do what you love and you don't have to work a day."
I'm an amateur musician and producer, so don't take me too seriously.
Here you have my other mixes!
Hi Junior

Nicely balanced mix, aggressive and sounds great, love the guitar tone, sits nice and easy to listen to.
Great Job!

Cheers
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
I agree nice aggressive mix the bottom end of the bass and kick a little heavy compared to commercial mixes ,I like the wide guitars maybe a touch upfront in context of the mix , The snare sounds a touch upfront on the bottom end !
Just some thought listening on hd600 headphones at the moment .

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

sounds great! snare a bit too forward. but otherwise it sound very good. great mixing. ^_^
Hey there here are my observations

*kick gets masked by guitars
*snare sits a bit forward I agree. Especially when you compare snare and kick volume.
*i like the bass man. I struggle a lot with basses and for some reason I'm never 100% satisfied when I mess with it.
*guitar tones are pretty good. I like how you approached them.
*drums can benefit a lot from reverb. They are very dry.
*overall mix has a very muddy low end in it. Not sure if its a combination of bass, guitars, snare.. Or perhaps it needs more high-pass filters on your tracks.

Overall this is pretty good mix! Just a lil clean up that I would do on the low end.
(03-07-2018, 11:55 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Junior

Nicely balanced mix, aggressive and sounds great, love the guitar tone, sits nice and easy to listen to.
Great Job!

Cheers
K

Thanks for listening to it, it's good to know that I'm in the right direction.

(03-07-2018, 01:45 PM)thedon Wrote: I agree nice aggressive mix the bottom end of the bass and kick a little heavy compared to commercial mixes ,I like the wide guitars maybe a touch upfront in context of the mix , The snare sounds a touch upfront on the bottom end !
Just some thought listening on hd600 headphones at the moment .

Cheers Big Grin

Thank you for taking your time to listen to my mix! I appreciate your input and I'll try to adjust that in my second run with that song.
(03-07-2018, 04:25 PM)kapu Wrote: sounds great! snare a bit too forward. but otherwise it sound very good. great mixing. ^_^

Thank you! The drums on that song are a pain in the neck!

(03-07-2018, 06:14 PM)Shul Wrote: Hey there here are my observations

*kick gets masked by guitars
*snare sits a bit forward I agree. Especially when you compare snare and kick volume.
*i like the bass man. I struggle a lot with basses and for some reason I'm never 100% satisfied when I mess with it.
*guitar tones are pretty good. I like how you approached them.
*drums can benefit a lot from reverb. They are very dry.
*overall mix has a very muddy low end in it. Not sure if its a combination of bass, guitars, snare.. Or perhaps it needs more high-pass filters on your tracks.

Overall this is pretty good mix! Just a lil clean up that I would do on the low end.

Thank you for your time and input! I'll do a second version of that song soon enough and I'll try to make it better.
Hey everyone. New mix is up! Tell me what you think about it. I hope this is my final mix of that song. It's a great song, but I wouldn't stand mixing it from scratch one more time. Tongue
Hi JuniorNarciso,
I really like it!
A bit too much low end in general for my taste, but has nice dynamic, and energy. Kick could have a bit more midrange i think.
Vocal sound and gtrs sounds very good. Well done.