• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuild The Evil: 'Burial Of Silence'
Hello guys,
My final version of this track.
Let me know what do you think.
Cheers!

Edit:
ver3
I'm playing around the final mix, tweak a bit transients on drums, and played with a top end on vocal, lowered .5db bass down. Also, took down reverb from Gtrs.
Let me know if its not overcooked. I'm completely lost any objectivity.

Edit:
Ver 4 completelly new mix. No Toms, sorry.

.mp3    burial_ver2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.99 MB)

.mp3    burial_ver3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.99 MB)

.mp3    burial_final_ver4.mp3 --  (Download: 5.91 MB)

Hey Lethan

Nice mix Lethan, everything fits nicely .. aggressive
Nice Tone..like the kick, tight

Great Job!!

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thanks KMuzic,
I'd like to share some "new" trick i discovered this month.
It's about dealing with a bleeds on close mics.
Perphaps some of you know it, i didnt, but just in case i write it, it's really cool.

Kick example.
Gating can impact on a transient of a drum kick, many time destroying it and making it hardly useful.
So idea is to make a copy of a kick drum, movening it back around 20miliseconds and within this track sidechain gate on the proper one. This makes gate open faster than it can, without touching transients. Really cool trick worth experimenting. Just wanted to share it Smile.

Cheers!

(02-07-2018, 03:48 PM)Lethan Wrote: Thanks KMuzic,
Perphaps some of you know it, i didnt, but just in case i write it, it's really cool.

Kick example.
Gating can impact on a transient of a drum kick, many time destroying it and making it hardly useful.
So idea is to make a copy of a kick drum, movening it back around 20miliseconds and within this track sidechain gate on the proper one. This makes gate open faster than it can, without touching transients. Really cool trick worth experimenting. Just wanted to share it Smile.

Cheers!
Hey Lethan
That's a new one to me, but makes perfect sense .. great tip
Thanks for sharing that. Ill definitely check that out.
Thanks
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(02-07-2018, 03:48 PM)Lethan Wrote: Thanks KMuzic,

Kick example.

Cheers!

Hi Lethan!

Thanks for sharing that! About your mix, you did an amazing job. For my personal taste the guitars sounds a little heavy with the med frequencies. I can't say to you for sure where, but something doesn't sounds right in my really tired ears (sorry if I'm saying something foolish).
The bass is still a little hard, around 1:50 you can hear it, maybe some EQ could do the job.

Anyway, great to hear your mix!
"Do what you love and you don't have to work a day."
I'm an amateur musician and producer, so don't take me too seriously.
Here you have my other mixes!
Hey Lethan ,
Cool Mix ,I like it , The Bottom and some upper mid's end especially the kick sounds touch heavy on my monitors comparing to cd's in the same genre !

Thanks for sharing your trick I will give that a try !
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Balance for the most part is good

*voice is very thin and the volume of it gives the impression that it's all the way to the back. You could bring it up a lil and make it thick.
*guitara are good.. Something bugs me about them though.. Did you put reverb maybe? If not it could be 1khz freq. Poking out too much.
*drums are well balanced here.

....ok I now know what's wrong with the mix. You have 4 tracks of guitars playing at the same time and 2 of them are off tempo somewhere. It's like they punched in in the recording a lil late.

Watch out for that.
Hey Lethan

Sounds good until guitar #3 goes out of time, like shul said I think it was a different track that got punched in about a half beat behind..I did the same thing on my first mix and couldn't figure out why I was getting a bunch of clashing near the end of the song . Guitars 1 and 2 seem to work pretty good L and R. I muted all the 3 and 4 guitars

Cheers
K

Edit: I just listened to the bands official release of this song on youtube and no clashing tracks .. trying to figure out if I used the same ones they did.

Edit again: this is getting frustrating..lol after more investigating, guitars 1 and 2 can work together (one version) or 3 and 4 together (another version) Rebuild the Evil used tracks 3 and 4. The difference is the first version (guitars 1 & 2) has a slide into the song and a bit different timing near the end also a longer ending. Version 2 comes in abruptly and ends abruptly. But the 2 different versions don't match up together a bit different timing near the end of the song. So it looks like you have two different guitar versions to choose from. ahhhrg!! lol
Thanks guys for you input,
I totally agree with everything you have mentioned, the vocal was a crap Smile and thin.
I also did not investigate those gtrs you talk about, althogh i did completely new mix called version 4,
My hard drive collapsed and i lost really huge amony of everything including stuff for my work (i design posters for a living). It hurt.
Anyway, i did new version.
Once again thanks for your input. Everything noted and remembered.
Cheers!
hi! listened version 4. sounds great. especially bass. great mixing! ^_^