Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trafficker: 'My Father Never Loved Me'
Each mix gets better and better. I didn't really hear the Hammond in v1. I skipped v2, and went to v4-02. In v4-02 the Hammond really came out: LOVE IT! Then in next version you made the drums massive. The kick plugin really made the drums, well, massive. Rock'n work KMuzic!!!

Later,
Gamma
Hey Gamma

Thanks.. this was a tough mix for me.. Im glad you liked it. I put an Abby Roads J37 on the Keys and dirtied it up a bit.

Give me a shout when you post something new and Ill check it out.

Thanks again!!

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
You have put some work into this one K!

Nice cohesion and balance, sounds well refined. Maybe just lacking some top end air over all. The mix has seemed to get brighter from the first version, but it's still just a tad muffled. Like a well worn tape. Anyway, well done. You know your stuff!
(06-06-2018, 11:23 PM)Dangerous Wrote: You have put some work into this one K!

Nice cohesion and balance, sounds well refined. Maybe just lacking some top end air over all. The mix has seemed to get brighter from the first version, but it's still just a tad muffled. Like a well worn tape. Anyway, well done. You know your stuff!

Thanks Dave,

Yeah..a bit of time on this one. It had me stumped for some reason

I always appreciate your comments and help. I'm done with this one for a while, when I do address it again try to get some more air in the top end.

Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey Kirk ,
Listening to your latest version sounds solid and balanced on my monitors the top end sounds rolled off 4k and above.
I added 3 db shelf boost at 4k the top end and it sounded clearer just the shaker needs to come down maybe and a slight shelf dip below 200hz.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(09-06-2018, 03:26 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Kirk ,
Listening to your latest version sounds solid and balanced on my monitors the top end sounds rolled off 4k and above.
I added 3 db shelf boost at 4k the top end and it sounded clearer just the shaker needs to come down maybe and a slight shelf dip below 200hz.

Cheers Big Grin

Thanks Thedon

Ill do that on the next version. I appreciate the help

Cheers
KSmile
Hey K,

the mixes get better with every version. It's so messy and dirty, in a good way!
I think you are almost there. A bit less low-end and more high-end.
I find that most of your mixes are rather dark, maybe it something with your monitoring?
(This coming from the dude who mixes on 30€ headphones is a bit ironic though xD)

Also the shaker is a bit loud.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

Hey Lucast

Thanks .. Yeah almost made itSmile Next version well get it all cleaned up. My room is horrible for sound and its not treated. Need to stuff the socks back in the ports on the Events and the K240's have a reputation for being very mid rangy. I think I need to use a reference more

Cheers
KSmile