Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trafficker: 'My Father Never Loved Me'
What a great tune!!

Has a real, Aerosmith ..ZZ top.. Feel to it, old school R&R

A really fun mixSmile

Tried to keep it really open, not a lot of compression but a lot of Eq'ing.

Comments Welcome!!

Cheers

KirkBig Grin

Version 2 in reply

Gave it another shot

Version 3

In reply

.mp3    Trafficker-My Father Never Loved Me1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Version 2

Struggling with this one..going for just a straight out driving rock sound, but not getting there, first mix was all over the place. This one I feel is better, but still not happy with it. Started from scratch, just cant get the balance and tone with the drums and bass.

Any Ideas or help would be appreciated.

Cheers
KirkSmile

Final version is down in the replies Me4-03.mp3

Cheers!!

.mp3    Trafficker-My Father Never Loved Me4.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi Kirk I will have a listen later today and leave my review.
Sound like rough mix this track needs top end shine more and clean low end hope that help
One more time .. lol

Thanks Guys for the response. Took the advice tried to clean up the low end, stripped the drums down got rid of most of the compression bussed them to a group eq. Boosted guitars up around 5k. Sounds too thin to me now.

Cheers
KSmile

Version 4_03.mpg

OK ..Last try gonna move on.. feel a bit better about this one seems to have better levels, cleaner. was going for an open, loud Aerosmith live album type of sound, that's what I had in my head, didn't want to over process it. I think its closer .. let me know what you think.

Cheers
KSmile

Version5 Below

Just one more version and that's it...really..lol

.mp3    Trafficker-My Father Never Loved Me4-02.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)

.mp3    Trafficker-My Father Never Loved Me4-03.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)

Hi Kirk version4-03 alot better,better attitude ect. well done.
(05-06-2018, 05:20 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Kirk version4-03 alot better,better attitude ect. well done.

Thanks Cudjoe I appreciate your feedback, I was starting to get really frustrated with this tune.

Cheers
KSmile

hi! version 4-03. sounds good. perhaps take overheads down? nice delay effect with guitar, gives it 'eye of the tiger' feel. solo sounds very good. vocals also fit very nice. it seems to have slightly dull sound in general. maybe relatively louder overheads prevent your ear from bringing out high frequencies from other tracks?

to my taste version 1 has the best low end between kick and bass, and overall sound. version 2 has good vocal sound. if you're going to give it yet another try, i'd suggest you start with by using the dry vocal track as your 'anchor' sound. i think it has quite complete sound which can serve as good guide. ^_^
(05-06-2018, 05:59 PM)kapu Wrote: hi! version 4-03. sounds good. perhaps take overheads down? nice delay effect with guitar, gives it 'eye of the tiger' feel. solo sounds very good. vocals also fit very nice. it seems to have slightly dull sound in general. maybe relatively louder overheads prevent your ear from bringing out high frequencies from other tracks?

to my taste version 1 has the best low end between kick and bass, and overall sound. version 2 has good vocal sound. if you're going to give it yet another try, i'd suggest you start with by using the dry vocal track as your 'anchor' sound. i think it has quite complete sound which can serve as good guide. ^_^

Hi Kapu

That sounds like a plan. Yeah on the first one I had a Waves Rbass plugin on the kick, and tuned it at 80hz and the bass guitar was just compressed and I took both off and muted the sub kick on the last version. Ill drop them back in and pull the overheads down and see where that takes it
Thanks Kapu I appreciate the help.
Cheers
KSmile
Version5

Ok I lied..lol version 4 wasn't the last one..After Kapu made some suggestions I had to give it one more try, then that's it? Angel moving on!!.. well maybeHuh

Cheers

KSmile

.mp3    Trafficker-My Father Never Loved Me4-05.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)