Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright
Ok y'all,
I've tried to take many of your suggestions and here is my second attempt. I tried to approach this from more of a rock and roll perspective. I'm frustrated with the piano: it sounds dull and listless and doesn't sit well in the mix (which is one reason I had pushed it down in the previous attempt). Any suggestions? Anyway, Thanks for all the critiques and suggestions so far; keep 'em coming!

.mp3    im Alright 8-11-13.mp3 --  (Download: 3.31 MB)

Hello again Everyone.
I decided to revisit this song with a different mindset, and mixed it again from the ground up. I got some great comments on my first, thanks for them and keep them coming!

.mp3    Im Alright 8 24-13.mp3 --  (Download: 3.35 MB)

Takka, what did you mean by "double panning"? Do you mean doubling the track and panning it either way? I looked for the term online and didn't find a satisfactory answer, and I want to make sure I'm getting everything I can from your critiques. Thanks!

(28-07-2013, 01:14 AM)takka360 Wrote: Hi,well the bongos are way too loud the vox are very dry sounding also.
The piano also sounds very puney and the mix could be a better balance if im honest.
Maybe try more double panning to even the mix out a bit better.
Also try to listen more to everything's volumes like against the vox as i also notice
the second acoustic is very loud,its often things we don't notice until someone points them out
That is all normal for a new mixer

That 3rd mix sounds pretty good. Great job!!