Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shut Up and Play - Next Week
(02-10-2017, 11:17 PM)kapu Wrote: Sounds good! Listened the morning after version. Perhaps the kick room/reverb effect could come down a bit? It feels a bit synthetic compared to the rest of the mix. Still, sound very good. ^_^

Thanks, kapu. I did make adjustments to the snare sound which helped the verb in the The Next Day version. Have a listen and let me know what you think.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(03-10-2017, 04:25 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 03:46 PM)sagalegin Wrote: Like the vibe very spacious. The sound is very open and has a good balance. Like the mix good job

Thanks for your take and the kind words.

I like the mix Smile it feels a bit hars in the uppermids though, so maybe a little 4k removal and some highlift to compensate could benefit, we all have different monitoring so take this lightly. Might also be a preferencething though! Otherwise nice mix, i like the separation.
I am away on holidays for a couple of weeks but couldn't resist and took my lap top and headphones lol , Listening to the next Day Version sounds great ,I don't know the names of the musicians ,The Great John Lord was the Awesome keyboard player in Deep purple , sorry i should have explained better Blush .
Well Done.
Cheers !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(04-10-2017, 09:41 AM)thedon Wrote: I am away on holidays for a couple of weeks but couldn't resist and took my lap top and headphones lol , Listening to the next Day Version sounds great ,I don't know the names of the musicians ,The Great John Lord was the Awesome keyboard player in Deep purple , sorry i should have explained better Blush .
Well Done.
Cheers !

Aha. An allusion to a player. I should have known that. Back in the '80 I interviewed Ian Gillan for a small local music rag after Deep Purple performed a few blocks from the recording studio I owned at the time. The Hammond carries a lot of sub-text in the piece and it sounds awesome to boot. No reason to bury it as texture.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi Mitc,

A mono bluetooth speaker listen to "the next day" mix, It has a good feel to it. I can echo some of the previous comments. There is some harshness with the electric guitar and I'm finding a real clash with the organ part, emphasised with the mono playback I guess. That been said, I find the quieter middle 8 section works really well and the parts bounce nicely.
(05-10-2017, 01:19 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hi Mitc,

A mono bluetooth speaker listen to "the next day" mix, It has a good feel to it. I can echo some of the previous comments. There is some harshness with the electric guitar and I'm finding a real clash with the organ part, emphasised with the mono playback I guess. That been said, I find the quieter middle 8 section works really well and the parts bounce nicely.

I admittedly did not spend enough time on the mono mix of this, which would reveal those issues. Thanks for the insight.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Nice mix !! enjoyed the hammond so much
Not much wrong here, very nicely balanced. The snare reverb is not particularly to my taste, but that's pretty minor. Nice work.
(09-10-2017, 12:36 PM)mick2015 Wrote: Not much wrong here, very nicely balanced. The snare reverb is not particularly to my taste, but that's pretty minor. Nice work.

Thanks, Mick.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]