Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandubien's mix
Alright, here's my last update.

I tried to enhanced the dynamics as suggested by Roy. I used Klanghelm SDRR (fantastic plugin !) in desk mode to bring saturation and energy in the choruses. I also add an extra 0.7 dB during choruses.

What do you think ?

.mp3    Why Don\'t You Stay master final2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.68 MB)

Sure, blame me. Ha.

I haven't heard of the Klanghelm SDRR. I need to check it out. I'm out of the loop when it comes to plug ins these days.

I think it feels better. It has a little more energy. I would, (humbly) suggest not thinking about the dBs so much and go by gut. I get the impression that you're at the point where you know what you're doing and can get the balances and eqing of a song right without too much effort. Trust yourself to push it and go with your ear and gut. Don't worry about the numbers too much. A race car driver goes into a turn at a speed that feels right. As fast as possible without losing control. He doesn't look at the speedometer. Even though he (or she!) could probably gauge his speed by experience and training when it comes to the actual race eyes are on the road and finish line. Just adding a different perspective. Not just in this song but in mixing in general.

That said, it sounds pretty darn good.