Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandubien's mix
Hey folks !

Love that song ! It reminds me some Eagles tunes.

Feel pretty good about this one ! Only have a little doubt on the guitar solo whether it's too wet or not ?

Any feedback welcome.

Cheers !
Florian

.mp3    Why Don\'t You Stay master 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.43 MB)

It feels pretty good. A couple of things jump out at me.
- It sounds like something is rumbling in the background before the in the intro when the band comes in. I'm guessing it might be the Rhodes? Maybe it's the fast tremolo effect on it? Not sure. Edit: On re-listen I don't notice it as much and it might not be the Rhodes.
- The lead vocal feels a little dark and boxy. It gets a little lost in the band.
- The guitar solo feels fine. Not too wet at all.
- The toms might be a little big. I don't know if you layered in samples or just eq'ed the Overheads to bring them out but the might have a bit too much low end. Mainly the floor.

I think that's it. Good job.
compared to the kick and snare i feel the mainvocal could come up a bit. the highend (6k+) of the overheads and accoustic guitars in the sides is a lot more present than what you got in the center, which makes it feel like there is something lacking in the centre. besides that i really like it.
Thank you guys !

Will relisten and fix that in a few days. Having fresh ears will help Smile
Ok, the "few days" became "next morning" :p

Here's my new version. I rearranged the intro a little bit, reduce some brightness of the acoustic guitars and snare drum, enhanced the presence of the vocals a little bit, and added some automation here and there.

Is that better now ?

I'll listen to your mixes later in the day, tons of stuff to do now Smile

Thanks guys ![/align]

.mp3    Why Don\'t You Stay master 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.67 MB)

And finally some last corrections : drums were a bit loud, and the guitar 3 had some aggressive mids.

.mp3    Why Don\'t You Stay master final.mp3 --  (Download: 6.67 MB)

Hi Mandubien nice mix my only concerns are the tremolo on the intro guitar on the right side and also on the keyboard half way through sounds a little weird , also guitar on the left on intro is a bit piercing ,keep it up.
Thanks Joe !

Actually, I took the wet guitar 3 and not the raw. So the tremolo comes from there.
The Master Final feels great. I don't have any problems with it. Maybe the lead/riff guitar could come up a hair.
My only issue is that it's flat dynamically. To me this is a song that really needs a lot of help in that department. It's a little slow and dragging and the lead vocal, while, kind of cool, lacks energy. It's a song trying to win a girl back and it should have more passion behind it. You've mixed it with mixer ears an did a great job now give it a listen as the girl it's intended for. It's a silly concept I know but I think it could help take the song to the next level.
Of course this is only something I've realized after doing my mixes. Maybe I'll try my hand at another.

It sounds great. I think there's a little more you can get out of the song now that you have the parts and balanced sorted out.
Good job.

Cheers.
Thank you Roy !

I know what you mean. Now I need to bring life in my mix to make it sound pro. I have some idea to do that. I'll try tomorrow !