Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Dangerous Inner Circle
Hi Dave ,
Listening to version 2 sounding really good here !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(23-08-2016, 02:49 AM)lupulus Wrote: great work!

maybe vocals is too dry, the rest of the mis sounds very atmospheric, so i think the dry vox sound separated from the rest.

thats the only detail for me

Thanks lupulus, Yeah the vox was a real oversight. Hopefully I have a better marriage with these parts in mix#2.

Cheers
Dave

(23-08-2016, 01:23 PM)thedon Wrote: Hi Dave ,
Listening to version 2 sounding really good here !

Cheers Big Grin

Thats great DonBig Grin Thanks
Hi, you mix sounds good, but it doesn't feel good. Some parts groove then it dies. Nice job with later in the mix creating interest.
(24-08-2016, 03:29 AM)Imagine Mix Studio Wrote: Hi, you mix sounds good, but it doesn't feel good. Some parts groove then it dies. Nice job with later in the mix creating interest.

Thanks for your observation. I guess my lack of understanding of this genre is possibly letting the mix down a bit. Still I've had a blast working with all three tracks from Till and Lead Inc Smile

Cheers
Hi Dave nice mix just a little more automation (mix2) but there are lots of guitars on this wonderful track so easy said than done Smile,well done.
Yes it is not bad at all. example at transition 1:46. I had to jump up 1-1.5db on the bus to get that part to have impact in the song. Automation on a small scale sounds good and interesting, just needs the bus automation. But my mix only had 3 Gtrs, I mixed those together first Smile
Version 2 sounds great and balanced to me. (I didin’t compare to ver 1)
(25-08-2016, 12:23 AM)Imagine Mix Studio Wrote: Yes it is not bad at all. example at transition 1:46. I had to jump up 1-1.5db on the bus to get that part to have impact in the song. Automation on a small scale sounds good and interesting, just needs the bus automation. But my mix only had 3 Gtrs, I mixed those together first Smile
Automation is certainly a powerful tool, exploited fully and tastefully will take the mix to the next level. We have just got to be brave and bold enough to make these moves.
As with my own inhibitions, this is easier said than done.Undecided

Cheers
(25-08-2016, 06:10 PM)Olli H Wrote: Version 2 sounds great and balanced to me. (I didin’t compare to ver 1)

Thanks Olli, I've taken this one as far as I feel I can now.

Cheers