Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four Graham (mixed by Karmanov) /it's my first mix here!
Hey, boys & girls! Hello from Russia!

My name is Ilya Karmanov and here is my first mix here and third mix that I had ever finished!

Just a few notes about this work: well, when I mixed it - I choose for references some of Fall Out Boy's and Panic! At the Disco's old good tracks from the old good times... When I was young and carefree.

Anyway, I replaced (added, to be honest, not replaced) the kick & snare drums, and make all the track as loud as I can and then I added the limiter to make this louder! Just like it mastered, but not exactly. You will hear.

I enjoed to mix this great rock track, and you - please enjoy to listen it and please don't hesitate to leave a comment. I'll try to stand it!

Thanks for your attention and i'm sorry for my english, hope your eyes not bleeding!

.mp3    Nova-One Studio - For Graham (mixed by Karmanov).mp3 --  (Download: 6.34 MB)

Hello, when I heard your mix the drums sounded very good, and using triggers off course helped.Chech my version I only mixed with no samples.

Cheers
Hi ikarm nice use of drum sample, nice mix the only thing I would say is that the vocals are a little loud ànd I miss some delay automation imo,other than that it's a good mix, thanks for sharing.
(19-05-2016, 02:55 AM)danmakmusic Wrote: Hello, when I heard your mix the drums sounded very good, and using triggers off course helped.Chech my version I only mixed with no samples.

Thanks! I don't use triggers in this song. It's an ableton live's audio-to-midi algorithm with some of my correcctions after converting.

(19-05-2016, 04:12 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi ikarm nice use of drum sample, nice mix the only thing I would say is that the vocals are a little loud ànd I miss some delay automation imo,other than that it's a good mix, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your comment! Yes, maybe you're right and the vocals would need to do a little quieter... I tryed to make some volume automation and should be trim the channel volume a little bit after that. About delay automation - I think that it's a matter of taste. A did a little bit of automation for reverb and 8th delay for vocals on the choruses, but it's almost imperceptibly. But thanks for listening, I appreciate it.
You are absolutely right it is a taste thing, good mix,any views on my mix 2?
(19-05-2016, 07:35 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: You are absolutely right it is a taste thing, good mix,any views on my mix 2?

Yes, ofcourse! Wait a minute Smile
Hello

"Vox is a bit too upfront in comparison with guitars.
*there is a ringing frequency in vocals around 2khz. Also there is a bit of an excess of low there too.
*balance seems good.
*good job replacing the drums. I felt for this mix it was necessary.
*bass is lost in the mix. I can barely hear it. Is mostly low energy and that conflicts with the kick at points.
*toms could come up on volume as they are far back in the mix.
All in all not a bad mix. Good job.
(19-05-2016, 09:11 PM)Shul Wrote: Hello

"Vox is a bit too upfront in comparison with guitars.
*there is a ringing frequency in vocals around 2khz. Also there is a bit of an excess of low there too.
*balance seems good.
*good job replacing the drums. I felt for this mix it was necessary.
*bass is lost in the mix. I can barely hear it. Is mostly low energy and that conflicts with the kick at points.
*toms could come up on volume as they are far back in the mix.
All in all not a bad mix. Good job.

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it!
Ok, I got it about vocals, it's look like the dynamic eq may work better with it.
Toms - is a big question for me, I tried to balance it back and forth, little louder and little quiter... and I left them in volume that you hear.
And about bass - it is always a weak point for me. I will pay more attention to it.