Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knock OUT (perfect boxing song :D )
Well I used to listen to a lot of hip hop back the 2000 ... but I stopped cause I fell in love with rock and metalcore music. Still appreciate a great beat and this does not disappoint.

Feel free to destroy my mix... especially if you are into hip hop i want to know that I did bad what i did good.. etc.

Thanks in advance.

.mp3    Merc Knockout.mp3 --  (Download: 10.31 MB)

Hi piano sounds a little muddy on intro, drums and bass sounds good (listening through headphones ) a bit more automation would be nice, but still sounds ok,looking to upload a newer mix in the next day,cheers.
Hello! Sounds good and clean!
But when i listen preferences of this style, i find more side-chain and pumping)Cool
(08-05-2016, 06:40 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi piano sounds a little muddy on intro, drums and bass sounds good (listening through headphones ) a bit more automation would be nice, but still sounds ok,looking to upload a newer mix in the next day,cheers.

Hey thanks cudjoe

Hearing it again you are right. The piano need more precense.. I think the drum beat itself is a bit too prominent.

Thanks for the great feedback!
(08-05-2016, 09:05 PM)Konek Wrote: Hello! Sounds good and clean!
But when i listen preferences of this style, i find more side-chain and pumping)Cool

Hey konek

Not sure what you mean by sidechain and pumping.
Sorry if i'm not accurate in the advice. I mean that SC gives more pulse between kick and synth, or kick and bass, or something elseHuh It's particularly used in dance music
(06-05-2016, 04:35 AM)Shul Wrote: Well I used to listen to a lot of hip hop back the 2000 ... but I stopped cause I fell in love with rock and metalcore music. Still appreciate a great beat and this does not disappoint.

Feel free to destroy my mix... especially if you are into hip hop i want to know that I did bad what i did good.. etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Shul,

It's cool that you're getting back into hip hop and mixing.I started out with mixing and learned a little about mastering just a little while ago.I'm not sure if the vocal in the beginning was supposed to build up or if it goes with the style of the song,but the intro vocal sounded a little buried in instrumentation.

Also,not sure if you have autotune or melodyne,but it sounded like the singer was a little off pitch at one part.When the rappers came in,it sounded really good and everything else seemed to work.Big Grin
(22-05-2016, 05:49 AM)aragland Wrote: Hey Shul,

It's cool that you're getting back into hip hop and mixing.I started out with mixing and learned a little about mastering just a little while ago.I'm not sure if the vocal in the beginning was supposed to build up or if it goes with the style of the song,but the intro vocal sounded a little buried in instrumentation.

Also,not sure if you have autotune or melodyne,but it sounded like the singer was a little off pitch at one part.When the rappers came in,it sounded really good and everything else seemed to work.Big Grin

Thanks for the feedback.
The vocals in the intro were as is.. I didn't do much to them as the fx were already there. I knew it sounded burrried.. But if I turned that up it sounded harsh.. I could eq the harshness to see if I can make it louder without being harsh. Smile

And about the auto tune or melodine, I didn't use any. The vocals were actually really well recorded and edited. But out of curiosity, where in the track does it feel off tune? I know that by the end of the track the singer sounds offtune..

Thanks for the comment Smile
You're welcomeSmileI'm on here trying to get better as a producer and engineer and it's all about networking and feedback.Once the singer goes into his bridge section at about 3:15 in the song,he sounds a little shaky with his pitch.

The tricky thing that I learned about pitch correction is that it can give off an unwanted chorus effect if not careful.

(22-05-2016, 08:13 PM)Shul Wrote:
(22-05-2016, 05:49 AM)aragland Wrote: Hey Shul,

Thanks for the feedback.
The vocals in the intro were as is.. I didn't do much to them as the fx were already there. I knew it sounded burrried.. But if I turned that up it sounded harsh.. I could eq the harshness to see if I can make it louder without being harsh. Smile

And about the auto tune or melodine, I didn't use any. The vocals were actually really well recorded and edited. But out of curiosity, where in the track does it feel off tune? I know that by the end of the track the singer sounds offtune..

Thanks for the comment Smile

(22-05-2016, 08:24 PM)aragland Wrote: You're welcomeSmileI'm on here trying to get better as a producer and engineer and it's all about networking and feedback.Once the singer goes into his bridge section at about 3:15 in the song,he sounds a little shaky with his pitch.

The tricky thing that I learned about pitch correction is that it can give off an unwanted chorus effect if not careful.

Yeah that's the part I know sounds off tune but I checked it and it sounds fine when played solo with the melody. Since I didn't record it or anything I left it as is.

Well I'm not a expert at pitch correction bit I believe you Smile