Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Myles
Please hear my mix and master I think I did a great job, your opinion is greatly appreciated

My best to you all

Danmakmusic

.mp3    JUSTIN MASTER 320kb.mp3 --  (Download: 17.36 MB)

I find the kick and bass too mumbled together...and the toms were all on one side...?? The snare and vocals are ok, but I find the bass and kick so unclear and the main acoustic guitar too up front, it seems bigger than the vocals. The backing vocals have dissappeared. Almost as if you´ve got phasing problems in the mix .
Sorry I don´t see your mix as positive as you do, not sure how I can give you any tips...

(05-05-2016, 12:57 PM)Balloo_50 Wrote: I find the kick and bass too mumbled together...and the toms were all on one side...?? The snare and vocals are ok, but I find the bass and kick so unclear and the main acoustic guitar too up front, it seems bigger than the vocals. The backing vocals have dissappeared. Almost as if you´ve got phasing problems in the mix .
Sorry I don´t see your mix as positive as you do, not sure how I can give you any tips...

Thanks for taking the time and comment about my work, I will upload more stuff soon...
Cheers
Hello Dan.

The vocal treatment is the best of your mix.
I agree with Balloo

*Bass and kick don't relate well together. I actually get your perspective as I also went for a subtle muffle low end to help the mood but I think your low end isn't as clear.
*I hear some phase problems coming from the toms.. the bleed from them is causing the overall drum to sound like it has a lil phase problem. I would put a gate on the toms.. or just don't hard pan them. That would help.

Overall is not bad. You seem to have good balance. Is just the eq needs a bit more polish and the phase problem from the drums that I think is a big deal.
(06-05-2016, 04:30 AM)Shul Wrote: Hello Dan.

The vocal treatment is the best of your mix.
I agree with Balloo

*Bass and kick don't relate well together. I actually get your perspective as I also went for a subtle muffle low end to help the mood but I think your low end isn't as clear.
*I hear some phase problems coming from the toms.. the bleed from them is causing the overall drum to sound like it has a lil phase problem. I would put a gate on the toms.. or just don't hard pan them. That would help.

Overall is not bad. You seem to have good balance. Is just the eq needs a bit more polish and the phase problem from the drums that I think is a big deal.

Thanks Shul, for taking the time, my best!