Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright | RMS (Mix & Master)
Nice song, hope you like it!.

Bye!

.mp3    A- Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.83 MB)

.mp3    B- Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright .mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

Hello Matias

Few observations

*You have snare bleed on the left side. I'm guessing it's coming from a tom track
*Cowbell is poking out quite a bit.
*Kick gets a bit masked by the bass. Perhaps a bit less 200hz to 400hz.. or do a sidechain compression on bass triggered by kick. That would solve it.
*I believe the reverb work you have on drums is making it sound to far away. It almost sounds as if you were relying on your Room mics and overheads. I would very much like more solid sounds here.

All in all not bad. Keep it up.
I think you could add some dimension to your mix by being more aggressive with your environmentals. There are some good ideas expressed but IMHO the mix is living in a very small space and could be broadened to give breadth to the instruments, dynamics and emotion in the song.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi guys, i really appreciate your feedback!

I just updated the mix taking into account your observations.

Cheers!
(12-04-2016, 01:22 AM)matias951 Wrote: Hi guys, i really appreciate your feedback!

I just updated the mix taking into account your observations.

Cheers!

Sounding good on my headphones. I do hear the beater on the kick a bit more now.

I still think the reverb tail on your drums is a bit too long for my taste. But that's just preference.

P.s. I would have liked your previous mix on the post too. Is more educational to compare your changes side by side. Listening to improvements is always good to learn. In the future it'd be good to have several takes of your mixes.
You are right, i will add both mixes.

Thanks!.