Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4Graham
Some people has chosen some Green Day materials from American Idiot I think. Anything that is close to this song should be good. I personally used The Pretender of Foo Fighters.

Sometimes you can even use more than one reference track.
(15-04-2016, 08:04 AM)Mandubien Wrote: Some people has chosen some Green Day materials from American Idiot I think. Anything that is close to this song should be good. I personally used The Pretender of Foo Fighters.

Sometimes you can even use more than one reference track.

Thanks. I already remixed. But I will keep those two bands in mind for the next time I mix in this genre and use reference tracks from now on.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
I used write in pro tools and automated the vocals using Presonus Faderport.

I also keyed the guitars with the vocals to help make room for them using 3.1 comp with a 18ms atk and 40ms release.

I made the drums pop a little more too and added a flange effect to the cymbal swell in the beginning.

Let me know how I did. thx

.mp3    NOVA.mp3 --  (Download: 5.98 MB)

My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
*overall drum sound does sound more present. However the cymbals jump out too much. I would use compression on them to make them smooth.

*and bass fret noise is really loud at points. A De esser at around 2-5khz would help.

Other than that I do believe this is an provement from your last version.
(15-04-2016, 04:01 PM)Shul Wrote: *overall drum sound does sound more present. However the cymbals jump out too much. I would use compression on them to make them smooth.

*and bass fret noise is really loud at points. A De esser at around 2-5khz would help.

Other than that I do believe this is an provement from your last version.

I used mutiband comp to handle the overheads and then I used deductive eq on the high mids of the bass. Let me know how this sounds on your end. thank you.
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1