Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright - Angels In Amplifiers
When I heard this one I immediately wanted to mix it. This is my first try on it. Please do leave comments guys. I have much to learn in mixing and I really want to improve. Cheers to all and please enjoy! Smile

Ver.2 (edited mix)

.mp3    I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 3.4 MB)

.mp3    I\'m Alright (v2).mp3 --  (Download: 3.4 MB)

Hello LDP77

A few observations:

*The acoustic guitar in the intro feels too upfront. Once it's done playing the rest of the mix feels weak.

*The cowbell is almost at the same level as the voice. I know percussion in this song is all together and is hard to deal with. but somehow that cowbell has to come down. I found it distracting when listening to the voice.

*You have a good solid drum sound but I would turn down around 350hz-550hz on the kick to make it less mudy.(would also help to have better chemistry between the bass and kick)

*the left tom feels like it's piercing through the song too much. Sometimes you won't hear the whole definition of a track, sometimes the "feel" of it is enough. I feel like you were trying to hear the whole definition of the toms and that's why you turned it up too much. Also a bit more reverb on them would help with it.

Just my humble opinion.
all in all this is not bad. Keep it up!!! Smile
Thanks so much for your opinion man I appreciate it! I finished mastering this yesterday and yeah the kick does sound a bit muddy and toms keep peeping out. I'll re-do this soon and post new one.
Thanks! Smile