Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm aaalright
Hi! Just finished mine. What do you think? I'll be happy for any responses!

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.77 MB)

Hello Stichzor

The Balance is pretty solid.

just an observation that might make this sound better.
*I hear clipping on certain parts. You might want to go easy on the limiter. Louder isn't always better. I would prefer a mix that isn't crazy loud but is pretty well mixed over a mix that is loud but wasn't mixed that good.

There is something weird going on with the snare. @ 1:58 I hear the snare hit in the center but I also get a glips of (delay) on both left and right. I'm sure that's because you hard panned your toms but didn't get rid of the snare and hihat bleed from the mics. I would put a noise gate on the toms so that you only get toms sound or the best way, cut off the sections of the track that don't have a tom sound and just leave the small sections where the toms are hit. On top of that use a noise gate to make sure nothing but the toms are heard.

I like you work on the voice it sounds crisp and full Smile
I like electric guitar as well Smile
the acoustic could use a boost on mids just for a more natural feel but that's just me.

Just my observations and tips that I believe could make this mix sound better.

Saludos!

Hi Shul,

thank you for your advice!
You're much pretty right, I've listened to it this morning again and I can hear most of your observations. The thing with the snare is probably that I didn't gate the toms properly.
With limiter you're totally right, I never knew how to make my mixes louder before, but now I'm kind of volume maniac. Big Grin

I'll take another look on it.

Edit: Well, it wasn't about gating, gates work for both toms right whole time, but I'm not sure. I was also messing (learning) alot with automations, I may did some dirt there. That evil limiter also does it's work.. Smile

Edit: I made it a bit more friendly for listeners ear. Hope it's alright now Smile

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.78 MB)