Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright MIX
Hello, I leave a mix did in Reaper, I welcome your comments, greetings!

.mp3    AngelsInAmplifiers_ImAlright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)

.mp3    AngelsInAmplifiers_ImAlright_2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)

You have a very good balance man. I just think you over Eq'd the acoustic guitars.. you took too much mids out.
Also the Distort guitars are not present as they should be.
Other than that this sounds good to me Smile I'm sure you can make it sound better.
(13-02-2016, 05:02 AM)Shul Wrote: You have a very good balance man. I just think you over Eq'd the acoustic guitars.. you took too much mids out.
Also the Distort guitars are not present as they should be.
Other than that this sounds good to me Smile I'm sure you can make it sound better.

thanks man! Smile , Right about the mids, I hear the mix after a few days and I recognize the same, and the distorted guitars are below is true, put more present, to think about the drums and bass? , Saludos!

The drums and Bass are fine the way they are judging from this mix. Sound will change once you put more mids on it. But I do like the bass and kick. pretty solid and punchy Smile
(13-02-2016, 06:05 PM)Shul Wrote: The drums and Bass are fine the way they are judging from this mix. Sound will change once you put more mids on it. But I do like the bass and kick. pretty solid and punchy Smile

I made a new mix based on enhanced mids on acoustic guitars, distorted guitar greater presence and level volumes, await your comments, Saludos! Smile

.mp3    AngelsInAmplifiers_ImAlright_2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)

I do hear a difference. however I'm not sure why but I still think highs are a bit hot. It makes the mids appear like they are still low. It could be you raised highs in mastering and this is what is causing it. or maybe you boosted highs on percusion tracks.. that shaker and tambouring are very bright.

I myself made this mix with a sparkly touch on the highs.. but I replayed it over and over to make sure the frequencies wheren't ear tiring. If you have a Metering plugin use it to check wich freq. is jumping too much up in the volume spectrum. Maybe is just 1 freq. you need to cut in mastering. I'm gonna take a guess it might be between 6khz -10khz.

At 0:33 that stop has a resonant tom sound. In mastering you can cut off that part in a smooth way to get rid of that.

This is good you just have that high freq. excess
I listened to your mix 3 times and my ears got tired. Smile

Just some feedback to help you improve. I'm not trying to be picky lol.
I would like for others to do the same for me so that's why I'm giving you my opinion.

p.s. the cause for highs could be because of the type of speakers you are using to mix. Or if you are like me studio headphones. You can always play a song you like or that is similar to this type of song and compare it with your mix. Also if you can take your mix and listen to it in the car and with different headphones or speakers.. to get a better grasp of how it sounds in a different environment.
(14-02-2016, 03:46 AM)Shul Wrote: I do hear a difference. however I'm not sure why but I still think highs are a bit hot. It makes the mids appear like they are still low. It could be you raised highs in mastering and this is what is causing it. or maybe you boosted highs on percusion tracks.. that shaker and tambouring are very bright.

I myself made this mix with a sparkly touch on the highs.. but I replayed it over and over to make sure the frequencies wheren't ear tiring. If you have a Metering plugin use it to check wich freq. is jumping too much up in the volume spectrum. Maybe is just 1 freq. you need to cut in mastering. I'm gonna take a guess it might be between 6khz -10khz.

At 0:33 that stop has a resonant tom sound. In mastering you can cut off that part in a smooth way to get rid of that.

This is good you just have that high freq. excess
I listened to your mix 3 times and my ears got tired. Smile

Just some feedback to help you improve. I'm not trying to be picky lol.
I would like for others to do the same for me so that's why I'm giving you my opinion.

p.s. the cause for highs could be because of the type of speakers you are using to mix. Or if you are like me studio headphones. You can always play a song you like or that is similar to this type of song and compare it with your mix. Also if you can take your mix and listen to it in the car and with different headphones or speakers.. to get a better grasp of how it sounds in a different environment.

Really thanks man for the return ! Smile My studio is not well acoustic Sad , that my situation worsens , however take your comments to improve this mix , I'm using an analyzer into the master , I see what you're saying now , thank you very much for the help!