Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright
What seemed like a very simple song to mix turned out to be anything but, for me. Because this was so well recorded and the performance so good, there were just a ton of nuanced tones and rhythms depending upon what I did with environmentals. You could mix this song bone dry and have it sound great or put it in a wash of big or small spaces and have it sound equally astonishing. Just listen to the hundreds of mixes here and you'll get a sense of the vast approaches you can take with this great song.

The appeal for me was getting my Carlos Santana swerve on. Every mix here made me smile. I hope you smile at mine.

Notes: I treated the vocals not just as melody but as part of the rhythm as well.

New Mix...

I did the master ing of this on big speakers and it opened up my ears. I think this should make a significant difference in the outcome.

.mp3    Angels in the Amplifiers - I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 2.72 MB)

.mp3    Angels In The Amplifiers - I\'m Alright - New Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.77 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
It's good man Smile keep it up.
(09-02-2016, 02:42 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: What seemed like a very simple song to mix turned out to be anything but, for me. Because this was so well recorded and the performance so good, there were just a ton of nuanced tones and rhythms depending upon what I did with environmentals. You could mix this song bone dry and have it sound great or put it in a wash of big or small spaces and have it sound equally astonishing. Just listen to the hundreds of mixes here and you'll get a sense of the vast approaches you can take with this great song.

The appeal for me was getting my Carlos Santana swerve on. Every mix here made me smile. I hope you smile at mine.

Notes: I treated the vocals not just as melody but as part of the rhythm as well.

I am not one to be easily satisfied, or maybe I just don't know when to stop but here is a fatter mix of this great song.

3-5-2016:
Another go at the master for this song. Comments and opinions appreciated.

.mp3    Angels in the Amplifiers - I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 2.72 MB)

.mp3    3-5-2016 Angels in the Amplifiers - I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.8 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]