Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Angels In Amplifiers: 'I'm Alright' by UTFrec
Hi! Here's my little attempt to make decent mix of this song. Stems were very good, real pleasure to work with. I would be happy to hear any critic from you guys! Thanks for listening!

.mp3    I\'m_MIX_UTF.mp3 --  (Download: 6.78 MB)

Everything is well balanced. The only thing I didn't find to taste was the reverb on the snare, I think it's a lil bit too much and is causing it to space out in the mix. But that's subjective. Other than that man it's a great mix!

Good Job Wink
Thanks, man, your mix is pretty nice to. What exactly did you use on master to get that loudness?
(02-02-2016, 10:25 AM)UTFTunes Wrote: Thanks, man, your mix is pretty nice to. What exactly did you use on master to get that loudness?

First I used metering plugin to check for frequency peaks in parts of the song. Once I identify them I use a multipressor on the frequencies to compress some of the peaking if you don't do this when you use the limiter your mix will distort. I re check for the peaks and if I see the peaks are controlled I then run it through a limiter.

When you use the limiter make sure you reach the point before distortion. Re run the mix checking for distorting parts.. If you find one lower the threshold on the limiter so is less volume.

If you are not satisfied ... Send your mix to a new track and record it in real time.. But when you record it push your mix track to +3 db or more so that on the new track you have even louder volume...

Not sure if I made sense.

Get isotope Ozone plugin its wonderful for mastering. I use it. Is an all in one plugin.