Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All I Know mix
Have a listen to my mix and tell me what you think Smile

.mp3    Avalon - All I Know.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

All comments made my me on this forum are purely subjective on my part. You're allowed to disagree with me, I certainly do not know all.
That said, we're all here to help each other, so happy mixing! :D

www.siverthenriksen.no/en
Well, there's certainly a good deal of reverb on that snare. The snare hits are burying the rest of the drum lines though and even the vocals to a degree. It should also back off a bit in the verse. Hearing that beat just going all the time gets rather old towards the end of the tune. You should also look at ~2kHz on the guitar/bass parts. Too much pick in one of them (over left) that's a bit distracting.

Still, all the parts are there and I can hear the arrangement. Deal with some of the balance issues and you've got a good mix.
Old West Audio
I think you headed in a good direction. This song definitely sounds like the 80s.. I would really like a bit more reverb on the voice though.. Smile
(01-02-2016, 03:44 AM)azwayne Wrote: Well, there's certainly a good deal of reverb on that snare. The snare hits are burying the rest of the drum lines though and even the vocals to a degree. It should also back off a bit in the verse. Hearing that beat just going all the time gets rather old towards the end of the tune. You should also look at ~2kHz on the guitar/bass parts. Too much pick in one of them (over left) that's a bit distracting.

Still, all the parts are there and I can hear the arrangement. Deal with some of the balance issues and you've got a good mix.

Thanks azwayne. Listened to it now, and I completely agree. I'll have a tweak at it and post back an update.

@Shul I was debating with myself whether or not there should be more reverb. I'll try it!
All comments made my me on this forum are purely subjective on my part. You're allowed to disagree with me, I certainly do not know all.
That said, we're all here to help each other, so happy mixing! :D

www.siverthenriksen.no/en