Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I'm Alright- Mixed&Mastered by SHUL
(19-04-2016, 07:35 AM)Shul Wrote:
(18-04-2016, 04:54 AM)Cellastra Wrote: Hey man,

First of all, amazing sounding mix you have here!

Can i ask what was you approach to the "low-ends"?
I have trouble at times in getting the bass or what not to sit right in the mix without muddying everything.

Thanks.

Well my approach for anything "lowEnd"is a question. "how much low energy does each instrument have?" .. After I check for details on that I try to even out the low energy of every instrument in a way that when it sums up, it sounds full but is not overwhelming. If it's overwelming i start cutting low energy on the instrument that LESS NEEDS IT.

A trick I have for bass is to use a spreader plugin on it.. or simply double the track for example. Bass Left and Bass Right. It sounds like your typical MONO centered track. Then I add a wet delay on one of the tracks of maybe between 15 and 30 ms... up to 90ms... The bass sounds HUGE and I don't need to boost low end on it. Since it goes into stereo, the bass track just appears bigger and fuller... and that way I don't compromise the low end too much.

Thank you for the elaborate explanation!

I will try out your tip of the bass on my next mixing project, hope to hear more from you in the future. Thanks again!