Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Much Too Much - Dags mix (Sorry in advance for the long rambles - sheesh!)
Listnin on speakers.
Still sounds good, Vocal is louder than I would have made it, but thats personal taste. Very nicely eq´d, maybe too nice, because what defines a trumpet for one is very much the 4k range and I kinda miss a bit more definition in that area.
I see you wanted to control the mix and steer the ship, on this second listen I have to say i think you controlled a bit too much.
Listen the little explosion 1.00 - 1.04 for one, its same lvl all way through, and I know from multitracks its more dynamic than this, The trombones sound just wonderful there, and it gets lost in the compressor.

See Im not talkin bout big changes, just sayin try back off a bit on compressor and let the music do its thing. Its cool to help the solotrombone as we both did, it wouldnt sound right if it were left at the same lvl as when trb play in group. I suggest let the natural dynamics come through a little more.
Still very impressive how you pulled up the drums and placed them so much in front without them bein too dominant.

And your eq on piano, bas and guitar, especially guitar, is way better than what I did.

Great mix, just some small details you could implement if you can stand workin more on it. I realise you put a lot of hours into this. Well done.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order