Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rothko - mix by Dags
LOL!
Don't get me started with Chicago Smile
So many songs, so little time!
(15-03-2013, 02:07 AM)Dags Wrote: Hi Artbass

Yep, was a 'production decision' to leave the backing out of the first chorus to let the next one have more density. Same as muting the electric guitar in parts of the song. The backing vox also has two subtley different 'flavours', one widely panned and sample delayed for the pre-chorus and a more upfront, closer to centre spaced version for the chorus.

Thanks for the input!

Going to try to listen to a few tracks once the baby is asleep later on this afternoon Smile

Dags

I like the muting on the electric guitar, when it enters it brings a lot of energy! The lack of backing vocals in the first chorus, though, sounds a little strange to me, the singer sings "Rothko said" a bit forced in such a low tone, I feel like it needs some counterpoint... Also, IMO, there is "a little too much" reverb on the vocals during the chorus, but this can be a matter of taste...

These little things aside, by the way, it is a nice mix, sounds smooth! Loving the bass, too, and I feel the voice sits really well in the mix
Hey Dags, great mix, definitely an improvement on the first. Nice idea muting the electric. Good work on the voc track, was pretty nasty sounding on the original rack, sounds better. Nice acoustics, the solo is just right and like the space in your mix. Good stuff.