Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will Evans - Me And My Crew
Hi,

My attempt.

Cheers!

Update: Post #12 has a version of the mix with absolutely no mix bus processing.
Update: Added mix 1.0

.mp3    Will Evans - Me And My Crew.mp3 --  (Download: 8.02 MB)

.mp3    Will Evans - Me And My Crew 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 8.02 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Sounds good here ,vox are nice .Nice job overall
I only got 2 things to point out. The high hat missing in the drums are giving me more of a robotic feel on the drums. A bit lifeless if that makes any sense. And the second one the bass fighting for a position with the keys and guitar at points.. maybe some cuts here and there on the bass and a boost on keys and guitar? just to get better frequency relationship on them. I agree the voices are really nice sounding.
Hi Mikej
Nice mix! For my taste there are 2 little points to review:
1.- Glue on the mix. I hear some vibe that all instruments are not working together. Maybe some rear bus on the mids can helps.
2.- on 3-5Khz there are too much information.
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(06-08-2021, 10:19 PM)takka360 Wrote: Sounds good here ,vox are nice .Nice job overall

Hey man! Good to see you back.  Also best comment in the thread Big Grin.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(07-08-2021, 05:52 AM)Shul Wrote: I only got 2 things to point out. The high hat missing in the drums are giving me more of a robotic feel on the drums. A bit lifeless if that makes any sense. And the second one the bass fighting for a position with the keys and guitar at points.. maybe some cuts here and there on the bass and a boost on keys and guitar? just to get better frequency relationship on them. I agree the voices are really nice sounding.

Hey thanks for checking it out.  Hat is there on the right? Which points are problematic bass wise?  I am going for a more upfront sound with the drums, bass and vox.
(07-08-2021, 07:09 AM)supep Wrote: Hi Mikej
Nice mix! For my taste there are 2 little points to review:
1.- Glue on the mix. I hear some vibe that all instruments are not working together. Maybe some rear bus on the mids can helps.
2.- on 3-5Khz there are too much information.
Cheers

Hi - thanks for checking it out. I did have a touch more reverb but decided to cut it back a bit for a cleaner mix. I also cleaned up all the tracks a bit which I don't ususally do for the Telefunken sessions so might have lost a bit of ambience there too I suppose. Not sure I get what you mean regarding the 3-5khz range though. If anything the mix is perhaps lacking a touch of air 10k+ to balance out the low end I think??

Cheers!
Hi Mikej .I listened your mix .masterbus is clipping.Low mid area covers your mix .High frequency area is wheezing and distorting.I made a remastered version of your mix but these are just my opinions.Hope that helps. 
Mammy 
King of the rough mixesBig Grin
Interesting - thanks. It's better than the last one you did of mine I think Smile. Can you get the RMS up a couple of dB still though? I could maybe try to get you the 24 bit wav without anything at all on the master if you want to have a proper go at it.

Not sure it's clipping as such - should be -0.1 true peak, although sometimes it comes out a little over after converting to mp3. I usually have it about -0.5 or so before mp3 conversion, sometimes it comes out a little over after (which I don't tend to bother about here). I feel it's more the vocal mic?

Certainly smoother. So you are saying I don't have to make it quite so punchy then?

Cheers!

Edit to add I do like the description of the high end being wheezing and distorting Big Grin.
(08-08-2021, 07:35 PM)mikej Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 10:19 PM)takka360 Wrote: Sounds good here ,vox are nice .Nice job overall

Hey man! Good to see you back.  Also best comment in the thread Big Grin.

Cheers!

HA HA