Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Mistakes [Mix&Master]
Hey there Pyramid Pro,

Nice mix right there! I am really fond of the overall balance, I couldn't imagine it being better gain-stage and EQed, absolutely great job. Smile
There's not much to say about this Mix, as it is really solid and well done.
The only thing I could mention is that the composition itself is fairly flat and boring, to admit it.
This Track is perfect for experimenting with some subtle, yet unique effects - If you do feel like this as well and got some ideas I'd love to see your creative input! Smile

In any case, Really glad to hear your Mix of Human Mistakes. The only problem is that the beginning has been cut off for some reason. :o

But now, out of pure curiosity: Did you mix Drum & Bass before and did you use a reference-track? If so, the original Mix or a different track in this genre?

Quick edit:
I do notice that you kept the Dynamic Range pretty well intact. It is about the same DR as Pendulum's "Propane Nightmares", which is good for the genre.
However, nowadays Drum & Bass Tracks have become significantly louder and it would become quite obvious which track would be louder.
For competing with commercial tracks, this Mix should be louder by about 1,5 dB~ ( I've used the Contrast-Tool in Audacity in order to figure out the vague difference in DR. )

Messages In This Thread
Human Mistakes [Mix&Master] - by Pyramid Pro - 19-02-2015, 12:44 PM
RE: Human Mistakes [Mix&Master] - by Skelpolu - 19-02-2015, 12:55 PM
RE: Human Mistakes [Mix&Master] - by Pyramid Pro - 19-02-2015, 01:34 PM
RE: Human Mistakes [Mix&Master] - by Pyramid Pro - 21-02-2015, 01:17 AM
RE: Human Mistakes [Mix&Master] - by Skelpolu - 21-02-2015, 11:03 AM
RE: Human Mistakes [Mix&Master] - by Pyramid Pro - 21-02-2015, 11:22 AM