Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We'll Talk About It All Tonight - Olli H
(21-07-2014, 11:02 PM)Voelund Wrote: Had another more detailed look at your explanation. I guess the trick is the little diffrence in delay time foolin the brain to belive it hears double number of delays, which it actually does, so why write foolin the brain.
Difference in delay time is the main trick I think. Modulation can have small bonus effect.

(21-07-2014, 11:02 PM)Voelund Wrote: Only modulation I have is Logics, with alghorhithms for drums, speak or vocal. I used vocal on the one mentioned above, also has a dry/wet mixer.
Here's some free modulation plugins to your arsenal:
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Cat..._Freeware/

(21-07-2014, 11:02 PM)Voelund Wrote: I begin usin saturation on effect busses, it glues very nicely. Now I think about it I may have forgotten to do that on this one. Dang
But some of those subtle effects can be can be blurred by saturation. It would mean, that if you use it without saturation, then you don't need to add it so much.

(21-07-2014, 11:02 PM)Voelund Wrote: Do I understand you correct you ran the modulated delay with 200% widenin on one bus and a chorus on another, with dimension D like preset, and had a 16 note saturated delay (with feedback ?) before verb ?
Yes, three different busses.

(21-07-2014, 11:02 PM)Voelund Wrote: The delay before verb is rather new to me, I sometimes use a 200 ms delayd verb, no feedback.
Delay before verb offers many possibilities. You can blend dry and wet, you can use feedback etc. Lots of possibilites to tweak the verb-impulse signal. No standard predelay-setting offers that. And after that you can use verb with 100% setting or 63% or 10% setting etc. And all that can be done with simple basic plugins!

And if it by accident happens to sound good after tons of plugins in chain (it rarely happens), that's even more fun. It makes an illusion that also mixer makes creative decisions. Smile

(21-07-2014, 11:02 PM)Voelund Wrote: After using my 2 (old n cheap) hardware verbs as standard its only on occassion I have a 3rd verb.
You can print that hardware vocal reverb to one track. Then you can use the hardware with different settings on other tracks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We'll Talk About It All Tonight - Olli H - by Olli H - 22-07-2014, 10:58 AM