Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Amy Helm & Handsome Strangers [Andrey Benassi Mix]
(23-02-2021, 05:39 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: I heard someone says, "one man's warmth is another's mud." That's the life we lead here, man. It's all just opinions. It's our job to sort it out best we can. But if a bunch of people say the same thing, perhaps we should take a step back and reconsider.

Telenfunken is NOT an authority in mixing. They make damn good microphones, but that's about it. And even that is up to debate. No company is, imo. Just bc they make awesome mics does not mean their recording techniques is just as good. The 2 have no co-relation. If they are that good, how come we still have bleed (almost everywhere), we still have phase problem (check the OH and you'll see)? I have heard recording that wasn't made by Telenfunken but with a lot less bleed. No, not to me. Their recording is not superior than everybody else's. There are experts, sure, but not authority, not in this business. But that's just my opinion.
Yeah, It's just opinions, but we always learn something by doing that, I'm sure I learned some and you too.

Telefunken isn't authority in mixing, okay, I can agree, but it needs to sound good because the quality of the microphones will be directly linked to it, or would you buy a microphone based on the bad sound of the mix... thinking that they are not the "authority in mixing"? They need to be consistent, and for sure a good mixing engineer mixed this song.
Things are different but are directly linked, you need to think it in a merchandising way of selling products too! (How far are we going? Hahaha)
"If they are that good, how come we still have bleed (almost everywhere), we still have phase problem (check the OH and you'll see)? "
Another big mistake I see here, did you see the amount of bleed that have on the vocal mic? Its ridiculous low, and again, you're thinking too much in a "soloed" ocasion.
If you're mic'ing a band live, it's normal to have bleed everywhere, we can try to minimze, but thats what makes it sound live, because it was recorded all together, live, doesn't makes sense? You have do deal with that, wheter you like or not. One day you will get a client that recorded all live and thinking, oh, this guitar cab has drum bleed in it... Would be a dream if it would be recorded separate in a studio... But makes no sense, It will be studio recording then, do you get my point?
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amy Helm & Handsome Strangers [Pro Mixer] - by andreybenassi - 23-02-2021, 06:07 PM