Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Mayonnaise
(10-10-2020, 01:52 PM)RoyM Wrote: I tend not to tell people how to 'fix' their mixes. Besides there being several ways of getting to the same result it feels a bit insulting to say 'do this'. I generally trust that people on here can use their tools well enough to reach the desired outcome. That said, in this case I'd consider a slight overall cut at around 300-500hz. Maybe a db or two. I did suggest adding some 'air' which could mean a lot of things I suppose but I'd have tried some adding some high end. You say "a bit of 2k - 3k to increase the presence". Fine that might work as well. 
As for the vocal tone that would be something that probably has to be dealt with in the session as opposed to the overall mix and notching out some of the offending resonances. Maybe around 750hz. The compression and or fx may be affecting it as well, it's hard to tell.

In the end, it's a really good mix but could just uses some minor tweaks.

Anyway, sorry if this rambles. I just woke up. I'm gonna have some coffee.
Yeah, brilliant feedback Roy. I made a few tweaks per your comments and I agree it's better. Though, I will say I ended up pulling back on the high end (not increasing it) because I felt like it was getting too sizzled. I also put the lead vocals through a chandler pre with a high pass to get some presence happening. I didn't like the sound of it EQed.
~
Other Mixes

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital Only Logic Proz Late Mayonnaise - by Quathamer - 11-10-2020, 03:58 AM