Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Kat Wright CONTACT #4(fun and complicated mix)
(27-07-2019, 10:55 AM)Monk Wrote: I had a quick listen to mix 03 only. Have you been exposed to loud sounds in the run up to mixing this? It has symptoms that suggest a loss of sensitivity.

The sibilance is really excessive and out of control, and the cymbals are brittle and harsh, for example. It's obvious to me that you are clipping this hard, REALLY hard. What's going on?

No but i'm guilty as charged. I do squash the limiter on the masterbus trying to get a loud volume. I know I shouldn't do that but I can't help it sometimes. It should be about 4 db lower volume than what it is.. and this plus an exciter i use on the master bus makes that clipping you are talking about.
I don't think it's sensitivity loss from my part as I can hear that essing situation my self.. but honestly I didn't bother to get rid of it. Also as you probably know I live in apartments and just mix with headphones and they are not top of the line headphones so definitely not hearing that top end as clear as on your end forsure and this might or might not have something to do with it.

Will address this issue right now though because I KNOW you are right about that essing excess on the top end.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kat Wright CONTACT (fun and complicated mix) - by Shul - 29-07-2019, 05:39 AM