Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosnian Rainbows: 'Morning Sickness'
(29-11-2018, 10:31 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hi Kirk,

Nice take! Mix is sounding great through the headphones. I like the panned guitar parts and their play offs combined with the mono-ed up drums. Just a couple of thoughts while listening though. First, would the synth part work better more centred behind the vox and possibly even stereo-ized a bit. I think this may help to keep the left guitar part defined. I think the right panned guitar could be raise in volume at times throughout also just for balance against the left part. The mix is a little weighted to the left as it is. Finally would the solo guitar part work better front and centre just for it's duration? Anyway, just some things to think about K. Have you ever played with crossed panned reverbs with guitars? This could be a good track to experiment with.

Your the No1 contributor to this site at the moment Kirk, so well done for that, and keep it up. It's efforts like this that makes this place work!Big Grin

Dave

Hey Dave
Thanks for the input
This is a tough one for me, I love my hard panningTongue but with just the one mono guitar w/printed effects running a synth pedal of some sort, your right, I think spreading it out more and getting some of it on the Right side might be the thing to try and moving the synth piano in towards the vocal should balance it a lot more. Those 2 tracks are basically it as far as creating some kind of stereo Illusion. If I spread the 3 bass tracks out it gets messy.

Don't know what to say about the contributing thing, except thanks, but I have to say, I've learned so much from you and everyone else here.

version 2 is up, let me know what you think, is it getting closer? maybe automate the guitar volume when the lead part comes in?

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.

Messages In This Thread
Bosnian Rainbows: 'Morning Sickness' - by KMuzic - 29-11-2018, 05:29 AM
RE: Bosnian Rainbows: 'Morning Sickness' - by KMuzic - 29-11-2018, 08:50 PM