Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lingua Funqa-Just One Minute
Really enjoy this modern disco funkaliciousness. The synths and keys remind me of the legendary Mike Boddicker.

Definitely a new genre for me mixing wise, so some feedback would be great before I go mixing in circles. lol

Mix 2 update: Made some tweaks based on DangerousDave's observations. Much happier with the intro, did a lot of work to the strings (editing, automation) to tighten them up and make them move with the groove, paid more attention to the instruments that my first mix put too under everything else, Pultec trick on master to clean up low mids.

Mix 3: Pulled back the clicks some more, a little more attenuation with the Pultec (well, the Ignite Amps freebie) since that seemed to be a step in the right direction and seemed a little muddy still to me.

Added a -14lufs version. Sure does make for a pretty waveform! The other version is fairly loud, so just be expecting it if you go from one to the other.

.mp3    MixPractice-LinguaFunqa-Just One Minute 3 -14lufs.mp3 --  (Download: 10.01 MB)

.mp3    MixPractice-LinguaFunqa-Just One Minute 3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.01 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Lingua Funqa-Just One Minute - by TheNeverScene - 30-09-2018, 12:04 AM
RE: Lingua Funqa-Just One Minute - by Dangerous - 30-09-2018, 11:56 AM
RE: Lingua Funqa-Just One Minute - by KMuzic - 30-09-2018, 10:54 PM
RE: Lingua Funqa-Just One Minute - by Dangerous - 30-09-2018, 11:48 PM