Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
September Trance mixdown by total EDM Newbie (Mix 2 added) I'd love some feedback :)
Again, mix 2 is very smooth....I really like this as part of the "trance" in Trance Music is not to pull the listener away with things poking out all over, but to lull them in. Nice flanger on the middle-arp parts. Adds something very cool to the mix. In addition, I like the way you've treated the breakdown. a fade in is definitely an improvement over the original! Is the back half louder? If you did that on purpose it adds intensity and drama! If it was a happy accident because you didn't compress the hell out of the track, then I applaud your restraint. The original was pretty "pancaked" as far as compression and limiting....which adds it's own thing, but I like what you've done.

There are a few balance issues. I disagree with Lukas in that the last 10 seconds are meant as a segue for the next track in the full EP....but as a solo mix perhaps a fade-out is reasonable.
Overall, Well Done!
-Jim

Messages In This Thread
RE: September Trance mixdown by total EDM Newbie (Mix 2 added) I'd love some feedback :) - by jimmyklane - 20-11-2017, 11:07 PM