Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C U Next Time (Since everyone was making a fuzz over "CLA")
Thanks DigitalDrugLord for the feedback. Glad you liked this particular mix of mine.
I agree with you on "if it sounds crap on the consumers systems it doesn't matter how great it sounds in a calibrated system, the mix is crap to 95% of the population therefore it is crap to me too"

Takka thanks for the feedback although I would have liked a few suggestions on how to fix the clashing mess this is Lol so kudos DCP10200 for the suggestions regarding takkas comments. I always use HP filters on pretty much everything I can. Always start on the 100 hz so all the guitars in this mix have that HP on.

*The only "mushy" sound you hear is coming from the bass guys.(if i upload a mix without the bass you will find the remaining parts very clean) the sums kick in at 200Hz. the 3-400hz range is fine. so I cut a few db on the 200hz from snare and a shelf drop on the bass at around 200 as well to clean up some mushiness.(mix would sound anemic without those frequencies so there is no way I'm lowering in excess in that area. I don't like it.)

This link is regarding Takkas comment "it's all a clashing mess" as I found that to be an exaggeration. Out of most of the mixes of this song my mix is very decent in comparison. I dissagree with you there my friend. I don't think it's all a clashing mess and here is a record that could qualify as a clashing mess to your ears, but a proffesional record none the less.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvGCAvOAfM

VERSION3 is a revised version with less mushiness and fixed esses (subtle but noticeable especially if you focus your ears on the bass and snare)

Messages In This Thread
RE: C U Next Time (Since everyone was making a fuzz over "CLA") - by Shul - 03-03-2016, 07:39 AM