Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non Lo Diro Col Labbro - Shul
This Might be a short song... but it was really challenging.
Even though I like classical music, is not my favorite to listen to.
Even worse, I don't know much about the variety of instruments and #s you need to put up an orchestra. I can only imagine what is like to record(hard part) and mix down a full orchestra.

Anyways here is my mix. There were a couple of spots that had some mistakes from the musicians. I got rid of that however the noise in the back is very hard to remove. Non the less this was a good recording.

I did read Mike Senior's post (its his recording by the way). Phase problems are a challenge as it takes away some of the original solidness of the instruments. But he did use two stereo recording techniques. I panned the high strings and low strings R & L and to my ears they fit good. He said he put some delays on the strings to match his ORTF miking. To be honest I didn't hear no phase issues(at least not apparent to the ear as whole, maybe my ear is not trained to spot that yet)

Bottom line I wanted my mix to have some warmth without losing the brightness. Used compression on the voice to smooth the singing at his/her peaks. Multiband comp on the resonance of the cello to keep it from overwhelming the mix. Reverb makes wonders when you work with it a bit.

I hope you feel a lil piece of Heavenly sound with a pinch of relaxation in it Smile

P.S. feel free to leave your feedback, maybe is too bright, maybe is too harsh. let me know what you think.

Update: I noticed there is a part where the vocals clip. Gotta fix that next time around after i'm done with a different mix. I was also told it's too bright. I gotta listen more to classical music before mixing another one like this.

.mp3    Non Lo Diro Col Labro-Mixed by Shul.mp3 --  (Download: 5.37 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Non Lo Diro Col Labbro - Shul - by Shul - 15-01-2016, 06:22 AM
RE: Non Lo Diro Col Labbro - Shul - by Dangerous - 13-05-2016, 09:50 AM
RE: Non Lo Diro Col Labbro - Shul - by Konek - 13-05-2016, 02:14 PM
RE: Non Lo Diro Col Labbro - Shul - by Shul - 14-05-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Non Lo Diro Col Labbro - Shul - by Shul - 14-05-2016, 04:44 PM